Our Bath Transformation Earns “Before and After” National Award from NKBA!
A Newton townhouse bathroom designed by Jaye Gordon and Mark Haddad was named “”Best Before/After Bath” on January 18 at the National Kitchen and Bath Association’s annual awards ceremony.
Gordon and Haddad were honored at the 2016 Kitchen and Bath Industry Show (KBIS) in Las Vegas. The NKBA awards annually recognize the year’s best kitchen and bath designs.
Gordon was the lead designer in the project, which transformed a dated bathroom space that had a series of awkward partitions, doors and closets into a luxurious, spacious master bathroom retreat.
“It is so satisfying to totally redesign a space, especially a complicated one,” Gordon said. “With this bathroom, the challenge was to create the spa space the client wanted, knowing there were three ceiling heights, two odd sized sections and an unknown number of pipes in the walls.
“The most exciting part was that we not only created this beautiful spa bath with the luxury the client asked for, but she also got an extra closet in her master bedroom. We didn’t compromise anything.”
Highlights of the winning bathroom design include:
- Elegant double vanity and locker-style storage in a rich dark knotty oak finish and contrasting bright chrome legs.
- Custom frameless shower with a handheld showerhead, body sprays, main shower head and rain showerhead.
- The client asked for both a bench in the shower and a place to sit down in the bathroom. Instead of using a piece of furniture, the bench in the shower was extended past the glass and all the way to the storage unit.
- The unique double-sided bench, installed with a waterfall edge, appears to float. Hooks above the bench hold towels or robes.
- Tile is neutral but has a linen texture with a slight metallic sheen. Glass tile in the shower mimics a waterfall.
- The room is lit entirely with LED lighting.